Vanter Cruise Health Services (VCHS) actively provides administrative support based on a team approach, in which VCHS liaises with the shipboard management, medical staff, and the cruise line’s shore side operation group and management.
Administrative Services Provided:
- Quality Assurance
- In conjunction with the ISM SMS, and in adherance to CLIA and ACEP guidelines, establish and audit medical practice guidelines.
- Provide quality control of medical care through case record audits and incident report review.
- Telemedical Capabilities: Provide shipboard telemedical capabilities, supported by George Washington University Department of Emergency Medicine.
- Formulary Management: Establish a formulary appropriate for the demographics and itinerary of the cruise line. Provide cost efficient inventory management and resupply.
- Risk management & Safety Support
- Track guest and crew incident and medical data to provide
- support and resources of the cruise line’s Risk Management and Safety Departments.
- Available to work closely with shipboard Safety Team on such issues as injury prevention and food sanitation issues.
- Guest Services
- Pre-boarding Consultation
- Respond to guest inquiries for medical records or health claim support
- Assist guests in documentation for health insurance claims
- Recommendations for professional charges and billing
- Medical Record Maintenance
- Management of guest and crew medical records